Wednesday 14 October 2009

A note on moderation

For the second time, I have had to start moderating comments. This is a pain and I have done so for two reasons. Firstly, somebody has posted a comment which I feel goes well beyond anything acceptable. Apropos of which, may I ask those posting comments to exercise particular care when typing words like "punt" and "runt"? Typing the wrong initial letter can have unfortunate results. I dare say that this is what happened with the post this morning and that somebody simply wished to describe me as a long, narrow flat bottomed boat. Mind you, that sounds a bit strange. Perhaps they really wished to intimate that I was a small pig or other animal and inadvertantly hit the key which lies below the D and F.

The other slight problem is that a regular commentator called Joely has started to copy and paste the same comment beneath different articles. I fully realise that some autonomous educators have fewer words at their disposal than the rest of us, but surely it is not beyond the wit of such individuals simply to rearrange their words in a different order each time they post a new comment? The gist of it was that I am a bad person and nobody should comment on my Blog. I hope that after a day or two I shall be able to remove the moderation again and things will be back to normal.

1 comment:

  1. "may I ask those posting comments to exercise particular care when typing words like "punt" and "runt"?"

    LOL

    I've never seen anybody so relentlessly pilloried for expressing what I think is a perfectly reasonable point of view.

    ReplyDelete